Calories For Foods And Salad Bars Survival Guide
Nowadays, there are many restaurants have salad bars in view of the general health awareness has increased around the countries. Salad bars have the advantage for you to choose your own favorite calories for foods, but better off be calorie-wise to pick up the right one if you do not want to put on extra pounds. Likewise, the drawback is that many of us do not know how to choose the low calories healthy foods to eat.
Go For Calories Healthy Foods
As usual, many of us will grab a plate and then starting filling up the plate with cheese, chicken salad, bacon bits, chickpeas and topping with a yummy creamy dressing. With this, you have just eat the amount of calories for foods in the entire day by just one salad meal which is about 2500 total in calories. To avoid that, follow the useful tips for salad bars survival to avoid high calories for meals:
- Avoid marinated salads which are processed food with additive and preservative.
- Avoid creamy dressing and fattening toppings as they are calorie-laden.
- Use little lemon juice or low-fat yogurt as most of the dressings are loaded with fat and artificial flavorings.
- Choose fresh vegetable, fruits, egg or tuna.
- Avoid mayonnaise salads as high in calories and cholesterol.
- Know The Calories For Weight Loss
Following are estimation of some sample calories for foods in typical salad bars with their serving size.
Red kidney beans
Chow Mein noodles
If you would like to make your own non-fattening and healthy salad dressings at home which is low in calorie and contains more nutrition for foods, here is the steps to prepare modern vinaigrette:
Wine vinegar 2 tablespoons
Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
Mustard 1/2 tablespoon
Salt 1/4 teaspoon
Black pepper 1/8 teaspoon
Olive oil 3/4 cup
Mix all the wine vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, salt and black pepper in a small jar with a lid, then gently shake until the salt is completely dissolved. After that, add olive oil into it and mix well and are now ready for serving.