Ahh.. the holidays and how to cope with the Stress of it all!
Rushing to the mall for last minute Christmas gifts, attending parties or functions, cooking holiday dinner are just some of the things that keep us busy and feeling stressed out during the holidays season. It doesn’t sound like much of a holiday does it? Frankly, for most it’s just a continuation of the rest of the year on a schedule that leaves us mentally drained. Remember, the MIND is as important as the BODY so here are five ways to keep holiday stress to a minimum so that you enjoy and get into the holiday spirit:
- Leave work at work! Last day at the office so why are you bringing your work home with you? It will still be there when you come back so why bother thinking about it? Just don’t!
- Keep computer and TV time to a minimum (especially at night) and open up that book you have always wanted to read but never had the chance!
- Spend more time with family – The holidays are suppose to be fun and not about rushing around to try to get everything done. Cut your parties or visits in half and stay at home with the family.
- Set a calming and relaxing ambiance in your home! Dim the lights down or get some candles burning and throw on some music.
- Catch up on your sleep! And don’t set the alarm clock!
Happy Holidays to you all and we’ll see you in the new year!
BONUS TIP: Stay away from Walmart and other retails stores (see BestBuy and Futureshop) on Boxing Day! Either go the following week or better yet shop online if you must. Waiting in line in the early hours of the morning for that new TV is just plain sill